For any songwriter or producer, creating the perfect sound is of utmost importance. It is necessary that the sound you produce and edit is high quality and clear. It is only then that you can get the best sound, which will attract a lot of listeners as well.
The best way of doing that is by getting a top-of-the-line audio interface that ensures that it is easy to use and generates perfect sound and supreme quality. If you are looking for a good interface that allows you to do all that and more, you might want to consider the Focusrite Clarett 2Pre.
This product is a state-of-the-art audio interface with many desirable features such as a precise digital conversion and an ultra-low round-trip latency, allowing you to make full use of your DAW plug-ins. Other than ensuring that there is no distortion and that there is low or no noise, this product models the sound of ISA transformer-based preamps.
On the product itself, you will find about ten different inputs and four outputs. The USB output allows you to connect it to the mic preamps and if you need to, you can even attach the headphone through the output which has a level control and hear the sound being produced. To allow you to also connect the likes of line inputs and instruments, there are XLR combo connectors; you can plug in a guitar, keyboard or whatever you would like to record onto the DAW. The interface also supports round-trip latency which is extremely low. You can do all that with the USB output so that you can add reverbs to the sound being produced.
The interface device itself does not have any controls on it to allow you to manage it. In fact, it comes with its personal Focusrite Control software which allows you to download and install the interface on a device of your choice and manage it as easily as you want. The Control interface itself is very easy to use and user-friendly. The software is a mixer which gets you to configure the monitoring and route setups from various Apple products. The mixer itself is the traditional sort that is easy to understand and gives you access to the functions of all the internal hardware present.
- Clarett mic preamps with ultra-low noise and two ports.
- It has an Air circuit to connect the analog model of the transformer-based ISA mic.
- The latency is extremely low while recording, and it also comes with amp simulators and effects plugin.
- You will not experience any or very low distortion with the audio interface.
- It has a high dynamic range of about 119 dB.
- The device is compatible with both a Mac and normal PC and has USB 2.0.
- The connection to Mac and PC can be formed using average USB and USB type C cables.
- The precision is quite high at 24-bit, 192 kHz AD/DA conversion.
- There are 2 inputs for the mic, line or other instruments.
- To allow for 8 additional input channels, there is ADAT included in the device.
- To ensure easy input level settings, there are Gain Halo meters added.
- The device comes with an anti-thumb technology and two monitor outputs.
- The headphone output is high power and comes with level settings.
- There are 2 more line outputs as well.
- It comes with MIDI I/O.
- The software that is included comes from Softube, Loopmasters, XLN Audio, Ableton, and Focusrite.
- The Control software is user-friendly and lets you monitor your mixes and configure the routing from any Apple product.
- It also supports Thunderbolt cables.
Customer Reviews and Conclusion
Ending the Focusrite Clarett 2Pre review, the product has received tons of positive feedback. One of the best things loved about the product is that it is easy to use and produces quality sound with ease and ensures that you can do your job with low distortion and low noise.
However, the product is priced on the expensive side, but you get full value for money as the product will last for a long time and has high durability. Besides that, you will be able to make loud and clear sounds with it. Another thing that you will have to keep an eye on is the software of your Apple product to make sure that it is compatible with it so that you can operate it easily.
Thus, if you are looking for one of the top audio interfaces, you might want to consider the Focusrite Clarett 2Pre as it is highly recommended and one of the best audio interfaces that you can find.